Wednesday 25 July 2012

Preparation for Third Year Work

We've received our briefs for our third year work, and we have two directed study modules, in which we undertake one or two projects over two semesters. I've got an idea of what I want to do: a design for a dark, survival horror game that will be inspired by horror film conventions, motifs and storylines with a focus on concept artwork and 3D models, and another game design for an RPG/Brawler hybrid with a focus on sprite art, animations as well as weapon/armour design.

I've developed some ideas in my sketchbook for characters, mostly for the RPG/Brawler game. I managed to follow one through to a full digital painting. Obviously as I haven't returned to University as of yet, the ideas are subject to change. I also did my own rendition of the internet meme character 'Slender Man'. I did it mainly due the recent indie game 'Slender', which was an incredibly effective horror game.

Final version of Shen-Te

Shen-Te without background

Painting with original drawing overlayed.

Final version of Slender Man.

Standalone 'Slender Man'.

No comments:

Post a Comment