Wednesday 16 January 2013

Negotiated Study 1- Character Digital Paintings 4

Done another painting. I currently have only one more painting to do and then I have practically finished this brief. However, I have a lot of time now before my deadline (the week commencing January 28th) so I've worked out a schedule for the remaining two weeks, in which I will do some additional work to bolster up my assets.

Isten

In the next few days, I will have finished my last digital painting. The next task to do then is my weapon design sheets, which will feature sketches and paintings of the character's weapons. As these are on a smaller scale compared to the characters concept art, these will take less time overall to complete and shouldn't take more than two days (17th and 18th).

I've had some feedback on some of the work produced so far, and my tutors have offered some guidance. My 'Scrapyard' background needs some amendment as my tutor said it wasn't as instantly recognizable as the other backgrounds. Also my special move animation needs some changes, as there are far too many frames at one point and it looks too slow. Also, the file type has caused an error where it lingers on a frame for too long, so I need to amend the file type too. All this corrective work will take place on the 19th.

The 20th will be spent finalizing my character sprites, by working on their facial features like eyes and mouths, and then shrinking them down to the resolution of the 3DS. On the 21st, I will be scanning in the remainder of my sketchbook work, and then working on a recent one to construct the title screen for my game. This will entail looking at typefaces, and structures of title screens.

The 22nd will consist of me cropping and altering all my sketchbook scan-ins to make sure they are the best quality for the blog and then posting any updates. The 23rd will be spent working on the HUD (heads-up display) of my game, and after that is done, I will arrange my assets into sample screenshots of my game to demonstrate how the game would look.

The last task is to be done on the 24th, which will be me arranging my character assets (like digital paintings, sketches, synopses) into final character sheets. After that everything will be complete and then it will simply be a matter of uploading and arranging everything onto my blog!

I'm relieved that this project is nearly over. Although I have enjoyed it, I'll be glad to get on with fresh material for my second semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment