Tuesday 20 December 2011

Fragments- Updates

Fragments is coming along nicely. I've just updated the system with a new world map so there's now two maps to explore, as well as their futuristic counterparts. I'm also excited about the release of RPG Maker VX Ace, which I will surely get if an English release happens. I downloaded the RTP of the program and updated my enemy graphics etc. Because of the incompatibility of VX's projects with the Ace version, development will be on a hiatus for now.

The biggest change however, is the battle system which I have updated using Tankentai's Sideview Battle System, which is a very popular Ruby Script for the VX version. I intend to edit the script and not rely on defaults as it seems there is lots of room for variation in the code. Anyhow, here are a few more screenshots of development.

A revamped title screen using my concept work.
A shot of the new battle system, using Tankentai's script. I've already made slight tweaks to it, including a new cursor graphic.
Graphically, the characters now wield weapons when attacking, as well as using them to cast spells or use skills.
A new world map. This (counting the future versions of the maps) makes four world maps to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment