Saturday 1 December 2012

Negotiated Study 1- Backgrounds 1

December is now upon us and I'm going into full overdrive mode now to get this project completed. As the sprites are now done, I'm going ahead on the pseudo-3D backgrounds. In SketchUp, I've reconstructed the background I envisioned in my sketches to scale, and then began texturing it. The objective here is to get a 2D image that I can polish in Photoshop to make the final background. It will then be shrunk down to the resolution of the Nintendo 3DS.

Here's the process on my first background:

First off, I created a basic plane with intersecting walls.

Then, I created the bookshelves in the same positions as in my sketch, making sure they are symmetrical on both sides.

To verify this, I positioned the camera in the same place as it appears in my sketch.

I then add the arcs of each bookshelf.

The doors and windows are added and checked appropriately. I then start to add basic colour and textures.

I position the camera at the envisioned pose and this is roughly what the final shot would look like. I have yet to make textures for the bookshelves, and I have to remove the black edges from the model too.

No comments:

Post a Comment