Friday 8 March 2013

Negotiated Study 2- Journal Pages 1

Instead of just downloading a texture file, I learned how to paint and render old yellowy parchment-like paper from a very useful online tutorial. The results were very impressive and here's the initial results:

Final parchment image.

Putting my own drawings over the top went very well
However, I started to feel as though the paper was still a little bit too colourful and bright, s I went further by desaturating the image and making it even more grungier.

I finally got the look I wanted and did this with several of my other drawings to get the finished journal pages. I aim to do a lot more with these to hopefully make a final book, probably in the form of a PDF.

Dorm Prankster

Feminine Skin

Nightmarish Slayer

Stretched Man

Shawled Scythe

No comments:

Post a Comment