Sunday 27 November 2011

Design for Society- Medusa

The name of the game I'm creating for my Design for Society is called 'Medusa'. It is the term for a baby jellyfish, just after the polyp stage but it also is reminiscent of the Gorgon from Greek mythology, so it has a factual meaning whilst also having an air of menace about it. RPG Maker VX is the software I am using, which uses RubyScript to code games. For the purposes of this brief, I am using the default sprites for the backgrounds and characters. I will be using my own artwork for the scrolling backgrounds, character portraits and the jellyfish enemies. I am also aiming to use my own music, using GarageBand. Here are some screenshots of the game in development:

The title screen.

The character's have jobs that relate to the removal of jellyfish from the seas, either directly or indirectly.

The game will have educational elements included, in which the player will learn facts about jellyfish.

The game's futuristic setting under the sea, allows for coining new terms and creating great backgrounds.

In the demo version, players may fight jellyfish in the Data Terminal, an underwater virtual reality room.

No comments:

Post a Comment