Saturday 14 April 2012

Game On!- Bauchwitz Home Concept Art

Today, I was working on one of the game's iconic images, of the Bauchwitz family home succumbing to flames. Here's the image in stages of development:

As before, the basic shapes of my composition are put in place.

Then slightly more complex shapes as well as some basic textures and shadows.

I added lots of smaller details like road markings, pipe brackets, and a lot more shadow and definition on the buildings.

I made the fire a lot more detailed by having it flow out of the house's windows and doors, as well as adding flaming bits of soot and debris.

To add even more definition to the image, I added much deeper and darker shadows to the whole thing.

To then make the fire the centerpiece of the image, I decreased the saturation of the image and rendered an omni-directional light coming from the center of the image, to make the burning house much brighter in relation to the other buildings.
To finish the image, I added yellow tinted light and 'flakes' on a seperate layer, with only minimal opacity to give the effect of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment