Wednesday 11 April 2012

Game On!- Psychiatrist's Office Background Concept Art

I started painting the office of Dr. Cardone as one of my final concept pieces. However, I'm finding this process a lot more laborious than characters, obviously because I'm filling the entire canvas with colour. At this moment, I've only just completed the first stage really, of putting down block colour on two layers: the first one was extremely rough, while the second layer tightened up the edges and forms.

After adding shadows and detail in the third layer, the image was pretty much finished. I then added lighting effects and textures to certain parts of the picture.

First layer, really rough blobs of colour.

Second layer, sharpening up the shapes of colour in the room.
The details have been significantly enhanced, with outlines and shading all over. Additionally, I rendered lighting effects from the lamp.

The lighting effects have been further improved, with darker shadows and brighter lighting.

To finish the image off, I added textures to the carpet areas and the walls to make them look a lot more realistic.




No comments:

Post a Comment