Thursday 12 April 2012

Game On!- Empty Streets Concept Art

I used the really simple 3D modelling program Google SketchUp to make a simple street with buildings. I then positioned the camera at a suitable angle, and exported it as a PNG. I'm planning to work on it extensively to create a shot of Ignis Lake's empty, dilapidated streets for my brief.

I wasn't satisfied as there was nothing in the background.

 I then decided I wasn't happy with the absence of a building in the background, so I went back into SketchUp and did some more work. I also removed the program's latent fog effects, which I wanted to do Photoshop afterwards.

I felt this image was much better, as the town looked a lot more believable.

First, I altered the sky to make the environment nocturnal.
I added lots of smokey wisps of fog to obscure the streets, as well as adding cracks and small debris/stones to the pavements. I also added a wooden shop sign on the left building, and dotted a few splashes of blood around the town. To finish the image, I added a mysterious light piercing from the top of the furthest building.

No comments:

Post a Comment